Frayle is now streaming a sludgy, stripped-down cowl of Soundgarden‘s “Head Down” from the upcoming Superunknown Redux covers album. Gone are all of the difficult bits, right here to remain are all of the head-nod-worthy grooves. It is nice!
“Soundgarden was an integral a part of our improvement as musicians from an early age,” mentioned Frayle of the quilt. “‘Fell on Black Days,’ ‘Black Gap Solar,’ the checklist simply goes on and on. For ‘Head Down,’ we deconstructed the track and switched the timing to 4/4.
“The track as recorded by Soundgarden has overlapping drum components, difficult timing, and many others. We wished to strip it down and provides it components of tribal drumming whereas on the identical time including layers of vocal harmonies and voices coming on the listener from all angles.”
Superunknown Redux is out July 14. Pre-orders are available here and the complete tracklist is as follows:
- Ufomammut “Let Me Drown”
- Excessive Priest feat. Bobby Ferry (16) “My Wave”
- Marissa Nadler “Fell on Black Days”
- Somnuri “Mailman”
- Valley of the Solar “Superunknown”
- Frayle “Head Down”
- Spotlights “Black Gap Solar”
- Horseburner “Spoonman”
- Witch Mountain “Limo Wreck”
- Beastwars “The Day I Tried to Reside”
- Jack Harlon & The Useless Crows “Kickstand”
- The Age of Fact “Contemporary Tendrils”
- Marc Urselli’s SteppenDoom feat. Matt Cameron (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam), Igor Sydorenko (Stoned Jesus), Alain Johannes (Queens of the Stone Age, Eleven), Albert Kuvezin (Yat-Kha) & Utelo “4th of July”
- Dozer “Half”
- Darkher “Like Suicide”
Need Extra Steel? Subscribe To Our Each day E-newsletter
Enter your data beneath to get a every day replace with all of our headlines and obtain The Orchard Steel e-newsletter.